[cute vivaldi-esque musical overture] and now, it is time once again for contemplations of mr. charles with mr. charles winston squigglebottom whitehouse.
'ello there gals and gents and a very 'appy new year! thank you for joining me today. i have been pondering life as i prepare for a new year. and as such, i have decided to make some resolutions.
i thought, at first, that i would just use the resolutions of jonathan edwards since mom & dad seem to be fans...
- Resolved, that I will do whatsoever I think to be most to God’s glory, and my own good, profit and pleasure, in the whole of my duration, without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriad’s of ages hence. Resolved to do whatever I think to be my duty and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general. Resolved to do this, whatever difficulties I meet with, how many and how great soever.
- Resolved, to be continually endeavoring to find out some new invention and contrivance to promote the aforementioned things.
- Resolved, if ever I shall fall and grow dull, so as to neglect to keep any part of these Resolutions, to repent of all I can remember, when I come to myself again.
- Resolved, never to do any manner of thing, whether in soul or body, less or more, but what tends to the glory of God; nor be, nor suffer it, if I can avoid it.
- Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.
- Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.
however, while they are remarkable resolutions [and things that mom & dad are going to diligently pursue] there are way more than six of them so this post would be a bittoo lengthy. so, i decided to jot down a few of my own [mom helped with the jotting]
- eat more food and put on some weight
- don't roll my eyes as much
- try not to grumble and stomp my little paws
- sit on dad's lap more [so that he doesn't think that i like mom more...even though i kinda do]
- play with my sister more [and by "play" i cannot mean "inappropriate frolicking" with my sister. mom doesn't approve]
- wear more clothes. i look good in them.
- try to not get all crazy eyed and leap-y when mom & dad are cooking in the kitchen, especially chicken...
- share my bones. i don't always have to be the winner.
well, that should get me off to a good start. i promise to post my progress throughout the year. here's to a stupendous 2012!